What’s the next iOS got in store? What’s the latest with Google Glass? Do I need Retina display? The answers to all your mobile related questions here.
Last Updated 22/02/2016 – Samsung Galaxy S7 Unveiled and available for preorder
Know that information has be released on Samsung Galaxy S7 release date, features and design, we’ve decided to put this up as a source of information for those interested.
Now it’s been unveiled, everyone wants to know what’s new in the S7. See our bullet points below for the useful information or click here to see our Samsung Galaxy S7 deal.
Samsung Galaxy S7: What’s New
What we know:
- What is it? There are two new phones – the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the S7 Edge.
- Is there a release date? 11th March, but you can get it three days earlier if you pre-order with Carphone Warehouse.
- How much does it cost? It’s £570. The S7 Edge costs
- What does it look and feel like? Like a more durable, sleeker S6.
Samsung Galaxy S7 design
Sources claim that there is a potential the phone will be made of a different type of metal in order to boost the phone’s durability – and to help it compete with the iPhone’s sleek look.
It’s likely that any major overhaul will include the introduction of an iPhone-like slim, metallic look. Interestingly, the there are also rumours of a 5.7″ screen and a 5.2″ screen. They may even release two models, just like Apple.
It’s looking possible that Samsung’s own Turtle glass, which has been tipped to take over from Gorilla glass, might make its debut with the S7.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Features
- The Samsung Galaxy S7 should be released with Android Marshmallow.
- It’s also expected to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor rather than its own Exynos processor, used in the S6.
- It’s expected to include 4GB of RAM compared to 2GB in the iPhone 6s.
- It looks like Samsung may include a similar feature to the iPhone 6S’s force touch, too.
- Samsung’s new BRITECELL camera, supposedly better in low light than its predecessor looks set to be included.
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) January 4, 2016
Evan Blass, who leaked information on the BlackBerry Priv, has claimed that there will be two phones – the S7 and the S7 Edge.
There will be Micro SD compatibility, water resistance and a better battery. In another tweet, he said he wasn’t convinced there would also be an S7 Edge+ – claiming that the size difference wouldn’t be significant enough.
Samsung Galaxy S7 release date
The current rumour is that of January release as Samsung set their sights on usurping Apple’s position of power by pre-empting any release of a 6C/7C device in spring.
If these rumours turn out to be false, then recent history would point to a late February unveiling. Samsung has unveiled its past three Galaxy S flagships at the Mobile World Congress. The MWC this year is being held in late february.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Price
There’s been no insider knowledge to suggest any variation from previous models, so it would make sense for it to follow the pricing structure of the S6 which at launch was £599.
Business Mobile Phone Contracts
If your business would be interested in getting your hands on some of the new handsets, read more about what we have to offer or contact us on 0208 232 1190. You can also fill in our web contact form here.
Our Office Address
Online Support Computing Limited
67A Boston Manor Rd
0208 232 1192
Online Support Computing Limited (London)
78 York Street
0208 232 1190