iPhone 5se Release Date & Features: Information
We recently reported information on Samsung’s next flagship. Now, details of the iPhone 5se Release Date & Features have been revealed.
The Independent, which cites 9to5mac as its main source, report that the phone’s design will be similar to that of the iPhone 5s, with the inclusion of the rounded edges seen in the iPhone 6.
Spec-wise, it’s likely to pack the same punch as the iPhone 6.
Why are Apple keeping the 5 alive?
The trend of continuous increases to the size of smartphones may have hit a brick wall.
It’s understood that Apple are keen to ensure they aren’t losing customers to the android market, with users wanting the latest functionality on a smaller screen than is offered with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s.
Features & Spec
As far as performance goes, we know that on the inside it will be similar to the iPhone 6.
Hardware-wise, despite rumours that Apple want to drop the iPhone jack from their phones, the iPhone 5se will keep the orignial standard.
9to5mac’s list of features below:
- The shiny edges replaced with curved glass like the iPhone 6 and 6s.
- The same camera systems from the iPhone 6.
- An NFC chip for Apple Pay.
- The A8 and M8 chips from the iPhone 6.
- Bluetooth 4.2, VoLTE, and 802.11ac WiFi chips from the iPhone 6s.
- Live Photos from the iPhone 6s.
- Same Silver, Space Grey, Gold, & Rose Gold colour options as the 6s line.
iPhone 5se Release Date
Apple are apparently planning a major event in March to launch the new handset, along with the next generation of Apple Watch.
No matter how much information is made available beforehand, there’s always an element of mystery surrounding these events.
For future updates please follow us on twitter @OnlineSupportIT.