We are now well and truly past the halfway point of the year and heading now towards the big Q3 launches of many new and exciting best smartphones. You will have to wait for that article to come later in the week.
However, if you want to upgrade to a new phone now and don’t want the hassle of hanging around for ‘expected’ launch dates then what phones are out there? Why are they good for businesses? And what are the best deals on offer right now?
So this is our list of the top 5 best smartphones for business use:
5. LG G3 – was released in June of this year. LG haven’t made as much noise about this device as some of the other manufacturers have, especially when it comes to flagship devices; but this is a reasonably priced handset that offers a lot when comparing it to more expensive devices. It comes with a 5.5 inch QHD screen and is available with 16GB or 32GB internal memory with a micro SD slot that can take up to 128GB, 13MP camera. LG haven’t got everything perfect with this handset, it was probably rushed out to keep up with Samsung and Sony, but it’s definitely worth considering if you want a cheaper deal.
Pros – Price vs features, long lasting battery Cons – Too big, fake metal look
4. Sony Xperia Z2– is the latest evolution in the Z series and comes with the very large screen that Sony have got us accustomed too. It’s not quite phablet size though. The handset is well built, but it doesn’t do anything special in terms of aesthetics (personally). It does have the added advantage of being waterproof (which stands up to repeated drowning unlike the original Z). It comes with a 5.2 inch IPS LCD display, a 20.7 MP camera and a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
Pros – Water resistant, great screen Cons – Annoying flaps
3. HTC One M8 – has probably saved HTC from its decline. Until the M8, HTC hadn’t really made a device to compete with Samsung and Apple. By combining good design and high spec features the M8 has really pushed the other Manufacturers to step up. Launched in March 2014 there was a real buzz on its release, with those who had decided to move away from IOS choosing this as their first port of call. It comes with a 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, and a 4MP camera
Pros – Looks great, fantastic screen Cons – Only 2GB of RAM, poor camera
2. Nokia Lumia 930 – this is the first generation of Microsoft-Nokia collaboration designed to compete with the flagship devices of Apple, Samsung, Sony and HTC. The handset comes with a 20MP camera, 32GB Memory and a 5 inch screen. It’s definitely the best looking handset since the iPhone and with interesting as it is retailing at around £100 less than the competitors. What will make or break this device will be getting consumers to buy into the Microsoft Windows platform.
Pros – Easy to run Microsoft Office 365 Cons – Average battery life
1. Samsung Galaxy S5 – this is definitely the most popular top end android device with many arguing that it’s better than the bench mark iPhone. It has a bigger screen at 5.1 inches, faster processor with a quad-core CPU, micro SD slot and a 16MP Camera. This being said, Samsung still don’t match up when it comes to style. The S5 is not an ugly device but does feel a lot less sturdy than other top end handsets with a plastic design rather than sleek metal finish.
Pros – Outstanding performance and features Cons – Plastic and cheap looking
So there we have our top 5 best phones to have so far in 2014. The Galaxy S5 is the one to have, but only just from the Lumia 930.
If you are looking for a new phone or if your contract is going to be expiring in the next 6 months, then give us a call and talk to our telecoms department. We can create the perfect deal for you using any of the networks giving you the minutes, texts and data allowance that you need each month. You can have a look at some of our current top deals right here.
Call us on 0208 232 1190 or take a look at our website for the latest business mobile solutions and deals.