Thinking about outsourcing your IT Support, but unsure how to go about budgeting for this?
Well, we can help
Getting straight to the point; I cannot tell you exactly how much it will cost as it depends on your set up and requirements of services taken. However, do not always think about the bottom line. In IT, cheapest is certainly not best, and having reliability in your support will save you more money and grey hairs in the long run.
The best way to consider cost is to look at how much you would be paying to hire an IT Manager; you would be looking upwards of £30,000 per annum. Then you might need to add more team members, consider additional training and use additional HR resource to administer this all.
For that sort of money you could certainly afford to outsource your IT!
Our more detailed article about the benefits of outsourcing your IT support is well worth a read.
The next consideration is whether you want to know what you will be paying each month by going for fixed price support or if you are happy to go with a pay-as-you-go option which might change depending on services used that month. Each option has its benefits and will depend on your needs. From a budgeting perspective fixed price is certainly an attractive option but any additional requirements could make it more expensive than first anticipated. So knowing your core requirements will help you understand which option suits your set up better.
With having IT support covered what else should you consider?
Here are 5 areas that are worth paying attention to:
- Hardware asset management – ensuring PCs and servers are replaced according company policy, for example every 5 years
- Company data growth forecasting – Data is constantly growing so its good practice to monitor disk usage allowing you to plan for future expansion
- Software license and hardware warranty renewals – Anti-virus, SSL security certificates and firewall warranties all need to be managed to avoid systems exposure or network downtime.
- Staff forecasting – Will the company shrink or grow next year? Do you need more PCs, phones, licenses, network/phone switch ports or printers?
- IT projects:
- Disaster recovery
- Move to the cloud
- New CRM application or database
A good IT support company will already have systems in place to help you manage your assets, track your data growth and notify you when licenses or warranties need to be renewed. They should effectively become your IT Director and manage your budgets and IT roadmap with you.
Get in touch via our helpline on 0208 232 1190 or send us an e-mail if we can answer any questions you have regarding this topic. We’d be delighted to help.