Being an IT support company, it is fair to say that we love technology and salivate at the thought of new shiny things to test and play with. To flip it around a little I challenged the company to come up with new tech gadgets that they might like to see this year.
Here are some of the best responses for tech gadgets that we had:
- 3D TV that you don’t need to wear glasses or a holographic TV – Suggested by Gavyn – The fad of 3D TV’s at home seems to be dying out, because people simply don’t want to wear glasses all the time. What Gavyn would like to see is the move to a 3D TV or even better a holographic TV that allows you to sit on the sofa without glasses on
- Google glass in a contact lens – Suggested by Duncan – Google glass has not even been released into the mainstream yet, but already Duncan is imagining it smaller, less obvious looking and perhaps less geeky? Having a contact flash messages, phone calls or directions directly in your eye may not be for everyone and perhaps might make you think of Terminator or Tron, but for others it is their vision of the future
- NFC implants – Suggested by Chris – The idea above leads very nicely on to the concept of being able to have an NFC implant put into your arm or hand. Imagine being able to pay for things with wave gestures, and not having to worry about forgetting your purse or wallet or unlocking the smart lock on a door simply by putting your hand on the handle. Again this is not for the squeamish, but the idea of moving toward a Borg like world appears to interest many people (or at least strange people like Chris)
- Monitors and TV’s with no power cables – Ryan – With the amount of technology that most people have these days, having a ‘mess’ of cables is quite common. Wouldn’t it be amazing if we could start to remove some of these cables, starting with monitors and TV’s? Whether they could be powered by infrared, solar or some other technology we are yet to agree on and will continue to debate about for quite a while
- Immersive Gaming – Suggested by Lee – Much of the technology to create truly immersive gaming already exists, however as of yet no company has managed to put it all together to take gaming to the next level. Perhaps this year we will see the launch of the Oculus Rift, a headset with virtual reality technology. Alongside the headset, Lee would like to see haptic technology that brings the sense of touch and a motion mat for accurate movement to really bring the games to life.
So that was our top 5 list, picked from quite a number of suggestions, some good, some out of this world and fairly predictable such as teleporters and hoverboards. Others of note were 100GB internet for everyone, smartphones that never lose signal and surrogate working robots.
What would you like to see invented? Tell us in the comments box below.
For more tech news and information, visit out website for regular updates.