Welcome to the new Online Support website.
Towards the end of last year it was decided that we would refresh our website to better reflect who we are as a company –Modern, dynamic, fun and good looking (I was made to write that last one by the directors). As someone who has put together a few new websites in my career, and being quite a creative chap I took on the task with energy and plenty of gusto.
As a reminder here is a quick reminder of the now old website homepage
Approach for the new Online Support website
So to create the new site I carried out all of the typical approaches that one might expect:
- Brainstorm on what exactly we want the website to do and what it should say about us
- Find a website design team that understand me at a creative level – that’s the tough one
- Use company feedback to see what the common consensus is for what works and what doesn’t – what are the best sites currently out there?
- Employ a strict ‘If we don’t need it then it gets binned’ strategy on the old site
- Get creative – Design, Usability, Images
- Try and convince the directors about any slightly left field changes
- Write, re-write and then re-re-write the content for every page just to be sure
- Go through the phase of doubting yourself that you are on the right path
- Re-establish the faith that you are on the right path with positive noises from various testers
- Re-re-re-write a bit of content that has now changed
We are very proud of what we have designed and we hope that you will take the time to have a look around. Perhaps you would like to give us some feedback below.
We have added some personal touches which we think reflect us as a company, such as how the company came to be; as well as being able to put faces to the staff in the meet the team page. You will notice that some of the staff have so far been determined to avoid the camera lens, but I will catch up with them soon enough.
We have also been fortunate to have a couple of our clients agree to be filmed and photographed for the new site. We will have more testimonial videos coming over the next few months, but please watch the ones that have been completed on the testimonial page.
At which point I will sign off on the first post of the new website.